Drive Belt Replacement on a TORO TIMECUTTER SS5000

This belt is a pain in the azz.

There is a bracket that holds the clutch.
It has two bolts. Remove one of them and just loosen the other. Now you can move it so you can get the belt on. I start on the right side. It's kinda tricky how the belt goes. A lot easier if you remove the idler pulley spring.
If you want I can take a picture of my belt. So you can see how it routes.
 
This belt is a pain in the azz.

There is a bracket that holds the clutch.
It has two bolts. Remove one of them and just loosen the other. Now you can move it so you can get the belt on. I start on the right side. It's kinda tricky how the belt goes. A lot easier if you remove the idler pulley spring.
If you want I can take a picture of my belt. So you can see how it routes.

THANKS FOR THE INFO.

I can see it is a pain in the *****,,,but my question should have been " What is the easiest way to position the mower to get to the belt..?"
Do I need to remove the tires.?
 
THANKS FOR THE INFO. I can see it is a pain in the *****,,,but my question should have been " What is the easiest way to position the mower to get to the belt..?" Do I need to remove the tires.?

I just lay down behind it.
I guess taking the wheels off would help.
 
I would add, get a strong buddy and his favorite brew to help you. That extra hand will make the job a lot easier. In the shop we always double up on this job, saves fingers and arguments with the unit about engineers.
 
I would add, get a strong buddy and his favorite brew to help you. That extra hand will make the job a lot easier. In the shop we always double up on this job, saves fingers and arguments with the unit about engineers.

Every time put this belt on I cuss.
Saying I would like to meet the guy that designed this.
The OEM belt is cogged and last me around 200 hours. And always breaks when I am on a hill.
This last time I went with a Kevlar V belt. Seams to hold up longer.
One problem I had was the bracket in the rear that the drives bolt to. Bent and made the belt rub.
 
Back
Top