DRIVE BELT QUESTION

dawnmcmd

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have had a Troy Bilt Pony 2011 since May of this year. The drive belt came off (didn't run into anything, etc.). My boyfriend and I got the drive belt back on, but the extension spring on one side is not attached and we don't know where it needs to be re-attached. The one side is attached to what I (think) is the Bracket Assembly. Can anyone tell me where the second side of the spring gets attached? All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Threads
I have had a Troy Bilt Pony 2011 since May of this year. The drive belt came off (didn't run into anything, etc.). My boyfriend and I got the drive belt back on, but the extension spring on one side is not attached and we don't know where it needs to be re-attached. The one side is attached to what I (think) is the Bracket Assembly. Can anyone tell me where the second side of the spring gets attached? All help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Is it a manual pto, or electric?

Threads
I am sorry i should have ask if this is the deck drive belt, or the belt that runs the tranny to move? I am not seeing it in my books i have but if you go to jackssmallengines.com put in your model# you can view an exploded parts view to find the place it attaches to.

dawnmcmd

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's the transmission drive belt. I've seen the schematic for it, but the dang thing only shows where the one side of the spring attaches to the extension spring, but not where the second side attaches. I believe it's somewhere to the back of the frame, but there's more than 1 hole on the frame so don't know which one.

benski

Threads
It's the transmission drive belt. I've seen the schematic for it, but the dang thing only shows where the one side of the spring attaches to the extension spring, but not where the second side attaches. I believe it's somewhere to the back of the frame, but there's more than 1 hole on the frame so don't know which one.

See if you can find some worn paint or shiny metal from where the spring used to be.