Don't ya just hate it when.....

DaveTN

Threads
Don't you just hate it when someone you barely know, yet been acquainted with for 25 years or more ONLY calls you up once or twice a year, ONLY when his / her mower breaks down? And not only that but they expect you to come over and troubleshoot it, fix it, and settle for a "Thank you" until next breakdown and expect you tip your cap and say..."Aw shucks Ma'am...twernt nothing." and ride off in the sunset happy to have helped another cheap skate out? I finally drew the line a few years ago with this woman (actually went to Jr. High w/ her and her brother) for the very reason she only seems to remember me when she needs mower repairs. Her live in boyfriend is cut from the same cloth. She even had her female friend whom I have known for 45 years and is a neighbor a few houses down the road to intercede on her behalf, only to be told that I was not doing mower repairs any longer and wasn't interested in even looking at her friend's mower. Oh well...just wondering if any other mechanics and techs have had similar experiences. Or a neighbor thinks he's doing you a favor by bringing in his mower and tells his friends and neighbors hoping to 'get a deal' on cheap mower repairs? :thumbdown:

Walleteater1

Threads
I don't have that problem with people looking me up to be their mechanic, word must be out that my work isn't any good.:smile:

DaveTN

Threads
I don't have that problem with people looking me up to be their mechanic, word must be out that my work isn't any good.:smile:

Well, I have to confess! Is there a Small Engine Mechanic confessional site? I finally caved in and went to fix that woman's Snapper Mower. Bent blade after she went over top a cinder block in high grass left by the brick masons. I also got paid $15. And yes, no further calls have come in. And I might add a caveat... "YET". Still holding true to form with her it seems. Oh, and she bought this new Snapper and instead of calling "me" to give me the old unit, which I would love to have had...what did she do? Hauled it to the DUMP!!