Don't Want To Hose This Up

Green Girl

Threads
I have a garden hose that is beat up, but still has some life in it. You know how you get that feeling that as soon as you get rid of something like this, you will find a good use for it? For the life of me, I have yet to come up with any ideas yet. Thoughts on the matter?

rekees

Threads
I use it for bird feeders. Cut the hose in 1-2 foot pieces then run the wire that holds the feeders through the hose. The hose prevents the wire from growing/cutting into the tree's limbs.

carl22

Threads
You can also use pieces of it as blade guards for saws, shovels, hoes and more. Simply cut the hose the same length as the blade or edge, cut the hose length ways (so that it forms the letter C) and slip it over the blade or garden tool edge. No more dangerous accidents.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have garage doors with a hollow gasket on the bottom -- You can cut the hose to same lenght as gasket and insert into door gasket - puts new life in gasket and makes it last longer.

Harriet

Threads
I make my own soaker hoses out of old beat up hoses. Just cap the end that's not going to be connected to the spigot, and with a hammer and nail, make holes along the length of the hose. Works great!

monica123

Threads
Those are all really good ideas, the only other use I have ever seen for an old hose is for siphoning gas out of the gas tank.

Mark1

Threads
I keep and old beat up hose around for when my nabor needs to borrow one. the threads on the ends seem to be really hard to make work and the hose leaks a lot but it's there when he needs one! He dosen't borrow as much lately as he used to after using an old extension ladder I had.Hmm go figure??:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a garden hose that is beat up, but still has some life in it. You know how you get that feeling that as soon as you get rid of something like this, you will find a good use for it? For the life of me, I have yet to come up with any ideas yet. Thoughts on the matter?

I can always use a short length of hose to connect those "hose hider" deck boxes that have a concealed hose reel, or cut the hose up in foot long sections for the "campfire copper pipe" trick.

Hey all, want to pass along a super tip...for those who clean your own gutters, how many of you always seem to end up with a clog of leaves, etc. in the downspout elbows a short way from the roof? A three foot section of old hose works just GREAT to punch through those clogs...if the hose is too flexible and bends, insert a section of fish tape or an old section of 12/2 electrical wire. The hose works well because it has no sharp edges to catch on anything. If you wanted to, you could probably feed enough hose up from ground level to get the clogs out but I like heights...:biggrin:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I keep and old beat up hose around for when my nabor needs to borrow one. the threads on the ends seem to be really hard to make work and the hose leaks a lot but it's there when he needs one! He dosen't borrow as much lately as he used to after using an old extension ladder I had.Hmm go figure??:biggrin:

Mark, that is the WRONG thing to do...letting someone use a dangerous ladder is a dumb thing to do UNLESS your neighbor is a real troll.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you have garage doors with a hollow gasket on the bottom -- You can cut the hose to same lenght as gasket and insert into door gasket - puts new life in gasket and makes it last longer.

THANKS for the tip...that is a great one. :thumbsup: