Done for a bit, due to drought.

trail twister

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have suspended all mowing for the foreseeable future. The drought has hit this area of Michigan bad and the grass many places are crispy green unless the property has a sprinkler system.
None of the lawns I do have those how ever.

I mow tall (4") so most are still green and I will have to grab the trimmer and do a walk about to hit any chicory that will pop up since they have really deep tap roots.

We need a good rain spread over several days. these record 90F days do not help matters either.

Al

deminin

Threads
Just the opposite here in central Missouri. We are about 6 inches above normal rainfall for the year, and if I don't get the mowers out every week the yard begins to look like a hayfield.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not enough for one & too much for the other.. Life is something.

I'm cutting @ 4" as well on Tall Fescue. We get too much rain & then too dry.. Can't seem to get a happy medfium.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have suspended all mowing for the foreseeable future. The drought has hit this area of Michigan bad and the grass many places are crispy green unless the property has a sprinkler system.
None of the lawns I do have those how ever.

I mow tall (4") so most are still green and I will have to grab the trimmer and do a walk about to hit any chicory that will pop up since they have really deep tap roots.

We need a good rain spread over several days. these record 90F days do not help matters either.

Al

Sounds like a good time to get into the sprinkler business.

trail twister

Forum Newbie
Threads
Problem is the lawns I do are big at least 2 acres and they would not want that expence.

Al

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Problem is the lawns I do are big at least 2 acres and they would not want that expence.

Al

The bigger the yard, the more profit. I installed a sprinkler system at my old house, it was easy peasy. The hardest part was learning to use the trencher. But after about 10 minutes, I had it down pat.
Seriously, sprinkler systems are easy money.

stanman13

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm in SE Michigan. It's been unusually hot and extremely dry all summer. The humidity has been insanely low for our water wonderland as well. In my neighborhood everyone's lawn is mostly brown, and I've only mowed about every two weeks, and really could have gone another week this time.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of Texas is that way from mid June til sometime in September.
Which is why I've been studying up on 4 wheelers (ATVs)
But you have me to thinking more abut sprinklers. The mowing season down here, except for those with sprinklers, is about to dry up.
If I can get something going with sprinklers, I'd also get more repair customers. And make a ton of money to boot, just off of sprinklers. Probably more than small engine repair.
Sprinkler system guys in Dallas drive around in big fancy trucks.
Small engine guys don't. LOL
Mine is a 2001 that needs a paint job.

deminin

Threads
We had another 2 inches of rain in the morning of the 4th of July. I got on my tractor yesterday, and took a tour of our forest, and my walking trails are all covered with knee high grass and weeds. If/when this hot wet weather ever settles down, I need to spend a day with the tractor and brush hog mowing. I did spot another half dozen big dead trees, so when Tic season ends, I will get the chainsaws out and get started on this Winters firewood for our big outdoor wood furnace.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most of Texas is that way from mid June til sometime in September.
Which is why I've been studying up on 4 wheelers (ATVs)
But you have me to thinking more abut sprinklers. The mowing season down here, except for those with sprinklers, is about to dry up.
If I can get something going with sprinklers, I'd also get more repair customers. And make a ton of money to boot, just off of sprinklers. Probably more than small engine repair.
Sprinkler system guys in Dallas drive around in big fancy trucks.
Small engine guys don't. LOL
Mine is a 2001 that needs a paint job.

I think you should look into the sprinkler install biz. Might be a good venture.