Does anyone else have a two-stroke Lawn Boy?

unclelee

Threads
Lots of old mowers copied the Lawnboy anti scalp design.
When I seen the staggered wheel Jake I looked into it...common in the 50s and 60s.

Phototone

Threads
There is NO DOUBT the front discharge with the staggered wheels produces the ABSOLUTE BEST grass discharge fan out of grass clippings. That is until they started putting stone guards in the discharge. I can see why it was popular. Probably not a patentable feature.

MickG

Threads
My model 7266 Lawn Boy is about 30 years old and the motor is still in excellent shape. It's very light and powerful.

If you have a two-stroke Lawn Boy please post photos.

I have 4 Lawnboys, this is my oldestIMG_0074 (640x480) (600x450) (580x435).jpg

QuakerBoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have 2 Lawn Boys One is a 1976 Model 5244 19" cut in almost mint condition, Runs great, The other is a Model7268R this one is not so mint but runs great. My pet project is to revive and refurbish a Lawn Boy I grew up with that I kinda blew up from trying to run it on too lean of oil mixtrure. If anyone know where I can find parts or a deck for a 7256 1967 Magnesium deck or other parts for this mower I would greatly appreciate any help I could get !

undee70ss

Forum Newbie
Threads
Heres mine. Anyone know yr made?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I mowed with this very same mower when I was a kid. (Im over 50) My parents bought it in the 70's. My dad gave it to me when I bought my first house, (early 90's) and I still cut with it today. The only mower I have ever had. Not much has been done to it over the yrs, plugs, air filter, gas line, a blade or two. Dad always told me if you bought quality stuff and take care of it it would last a long time, guess he was right.

undee70ss

Forum Newbie
Threads
I too, have a 7263 ; serial number 6855026 (from memory) ..
There is a drilled hole ( 3/4 or so) in the deck, right side, rear ..I wonder what this is for ?
I have the same model. It is for the rod that holds the bag.

QuakerBoy

Forum Newbie
Threads
That's correct ! the older Lawn Boys used a rod that attached to the right side rear of the deck where the rod for the grass catcher bag attached.