Do you like wildlife?

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great looking guy... He looks just like my big boy I had years ago.. He was 115 pounds of fun.. :smile:KennyV

Go-Go is a girl, the fourth German Shepherd Dog that I've had.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I second this

We have loads of possums, coons, skunks, many deer, sandhill cranes, some foxes, lots of groundhogs....have little use for the critters and they are one of the reasons I have that darn ugly fence around my garden plot.

jigbuilder

Threads
Right now deer and feral hogs are a huge problem and certainly not wecome in my garden. However I don't mind visits from other wildlife, with the exception of a skunk. We have lots of Great Horned Owls in this area so they do a good job of keeping the skunk population to a minimum.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Right now deer and feral hogs are a huge problem
lots of Great Horned Owls in this area

Don't have hogs here but TOOOO many deer...
Owls are good to have around, keep all rodents in check also.
And skunks do seem to leave that lingering after flavor...:smile:KennyV

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've heard from neighbors that feral hogs can be an huge problem -- crops can look like somebody went crazy with a tractor. I'm not sure that, being feral, that they're "wildlife". In Alabama you can hunt them 12 months a year.

lizard

Threads
In Australia we have problems with wild camels,Dingo's, Emu and Kangaroo.
Rabbits....cane toads.........heaps of drama's....wild goats........endless list!:confused2::eek:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
In Australia we have problems with wild camels,Dingo's, Emu and Kangaroo.
Rabbits....cane toads.........heaps of drama's....wild goats........endless list!:confused2::eek:

Are you allowed fire arms in the country?
:smile:KennyV

173abn

Threads
TwoStroke,that is a nice looking dog,I had a white one when I was a kid.I also like that old shed in the background. If my thinking is correct deer don't like hostas.The great horned owl eats skunks cause he can't smell,I don't know how that was figgured out but that's what I read. russ

grnspot110

Threads
TwoStroke,that is a nice looking dog,I had a white one when I was a kid.I also like that old shed in the background. If my thinking is correct deer don't like hostas.The great horned owl eats skunks cause he can't smell,I don't know how that was figgured out but that's what I read. russ

Missouri deer eat hostas, don't know about Kansas deer! :laughing: ~~ grnspot110