Do you have to be a mechanic to own small engines?

tybilly

Threads
  • / Do you have to be a mechanic to own small engines?
also,when a fuel delivery driver has too much of one type of gas it gets dumped into any tank that will hold it,cause they don't want to return with fuel in their truck due to the different blends and additives between gas stations,mid grade and high test or premium have additves such as dyes, detergents and stabilizer,according to Marathon I worked at.where all of regular unleaded is all the same,except clark who uses a red dye.

sallymander

Threads
Besides having to mow the 4 acre lawn I'm a farmer who is very supportive of ethanol because we can finally make money farming.
That said I don't use ethanol gas in any of my vehicles or small equipment!!! Guess I'm a hypocrite but I've had too many problems with E gas going stale and leaving deposits.
Most every station in my area and the tanker that delivers fuel to the farm has non-E premium grade gas.
I've penciled it out, in the vehicles even though the price of premium non-E is higher the greater miles per gallon from it actually saves you money even over the price of the lowest grade E gas.

As far as having to be a mechanic, no as long as you buy quality equipment and maintain it you should only have simple problems to deal with.