Do NOT buy from GXI Outdoor Power

kirkkw

Threads
Looks like they sell a bunch of no-brand stuff.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well part of your beef is justifable .
Bad designs & not honouring warranty are genuine points of contention.
However parts prices are just you being cheap and nota justifable complaint as it is the same with every mower brand.
You can always buy an aftermarket part that will fit in the space a lot cheaper however weather the quality & durability will be the same is very much a moot point.
Amazon is chockers full of people selling defective parts they bought as scrap as good OEM parts to idiots too cheap for their own good .

rlmcameron

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well part of your beef is justifable .
Bad designs & not honouring warranty are genuine points of contention.
However parts prices are just you being cheap and nota justifable complaint as it is the same with every mower brand.
You can always buy an aftermarket part that will fit in the space a lot cheaper however weather the quality & durability will be the same is very much a moot point.
Amazon is chockers full of people selling defective parts they bought as scrap as good OEM parts to idiots too cheap for their own good .
I could see your point if the parts were reasonably priced. Having rubber belts 16x a normal price tag is not reasonable. Having a tire that you can only replace the whole wheel at an inflated price and not just the tire is unreasonable. You did see the part in the video where they stated that won't honor a warranty just because you replaced a belt aftermarket. That's unreasonable. The point of my video was that the part should have been replaced FREE because it was under warranty. They didn't honor the warranty; therefore, they are not a reputable company, and you shouldn't buy from them.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The use of snow thrower tires on brush cutters is not unusual. DR, Swisher, Agri-Fab all use them. The can't just buy the tire is not unusual in today's replacement of complete module instead of just a single component, IE, have to purchase an entire air filter assembly to get the air filter or have to replace an entire engine blower housing to get a starter rewind spring . And they did honor their warranty up to the point that it states in the actual warranty page in your owners manual that unauthorized alterations will void the warranty. Unfortunately your use of the aftermarket belt voided the warranty. Maybe a little nitpicking but within the warranty guidelines.

The vines catching under the mower is common on that style of mower not brand dependent It will hook under the edge of the mower with or without feet and drag it off line, or in some cases will try to climb up the vine. And the skirting is more designed for tall weed and grass clipping not brush mowing, and while cutting brush I can see the skirts getting ripped off shortly. Not a good design, but more of a meet safety guidelines than function scenario.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sometimes a warranty is not even worth the paper is printed on. A company's warranty is written by lawyers so they don't have to cover anything; unless, they are willing to do so.

In this case even if they authorized the replacement part you have to have it in writing as the spoken word is not worth the breath it is spoken on as they will deny saying it. Been there, done that one myself on a radio repair. I was lucky as I keep the email that authorized the mod.

Back in 1986 I brought a brand new Plymouth Sundance. It broke down with 800 miles on the odometer. I had it towed in my dealer repair shop along with myself. My warranty called for me to have a rental car while the car was in the shop. At first they refused to provide me a rental saying they don't know the repair was covered by the warranty. I had a 12,000 bumper to bumper warranty in hand. I fought with for 30 minutes with no results and it was getting late. Then I ask to use the phone. When I ask for my lawyer on the phone the service counter rep ran out out of the room. I ended with the worst rental I ever had. It had a bad CV axle but it made it the two weeks I had the car barely as it broke the last day 100 miles away on one my service calls. Needless to say it took 3 hrs to get back via the tow company. And they still tried charging me $2000 for the repairs. Again another phone call to lawyer got them to honor the warranty.

All this because of a failed distributor component. I have never brought another new car since. I just let someone deal with the headaches of trying to get a dealer to honor their warranty contract. I can repair most of my own vehicle problems myself so I just get a good used vehicle but most of the bugs have been worked out of.

kirkkw

Threads
Another GXI YouTube. The comments are pretty consistent - the machine is bad.

rlmcameron

Forum Newbie
Threads
The use of snow thrower tires on brush cutters is not unusual. DR, Swisher, Agri-Fab all use them. The can't just buy the tire is not unusual in today's replacement of complete module instead of just a single component, IE, have to purchase an entire air filter assembly to get the air filter or have to replace an entire engine blower housing to get a starter rewind spring . And they did honor their warranty up to the point that it states in the actual warranty page in your owners manual that unauthorized alterations will void the warranty. Unfortunately your use of the aftermarket belt voided the warranty. Maybe a little nitpicking but within the warranty guidelines.

The vines catching under the mower is common on that style of mower not brand dependent It will hook under the edge of the mower with or without feet and drag it off line, or in some cases will try to climb up the vine. And the skirting is more designed for tall weed and grass clipping not brush mowing, and while cutting brush I can see the skirts getting ripped off shortly. Not a good design, but more of a meet safety guidelines than function scenario.
Nothing had been replaced prior to the muffler falling apart. Everything was OEM when the muffler fell apart so no they did NOT honor their warranty. The tires are a common size, GXI just doesn't sell a tire only a tire wheel combo. I get your argument, but this is a tire and wheel not some integrated part. I can see a company not honor a warranty if it was proven that an aftermarket part broke the mower. If you are saying that a company won't honor a warranty because you use an aftermarket part, then that's not a company that should be business.
The vines catching is a design flaw. Bradley's don't seem to have this issue.
As for the skirting, it's a brush mower. It's called the Brush Beast not the Tall Grass Beast. You're defending the company for using a part not designed for brush mowing on a brush mower?
The company is shit PERIOD.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I can see a company not honor a warranty if it was proven that an aftermarket part broke the mower. If you are saying that a company won't honor a warranty because you use an aftermarket part, then that's not a company that should be business.
Happens every day with stuff a lot more expensive than a brush mower. Ford will void the warranty if an aftermarket tuner has been used, and the ECU in the vehicle logs the changed tuner settings. Know of a guy in northern Minnesota that lost the 4 year warranty on his $60,000 tractor over a thermostat because the factory thermostat wouldn't allow the engine to run hot enough to properly burn the diesel fuel. And the issues he was having were documented by the dealer and the OEM prior to the thermostat being changed.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Happens every day with stuff a lot more expensive than a brush mower. Ford will void the warranty if an aftermarket tuner has been used, and the ECU in the vehicle logs the changed tuner settings. Know of a guy in northern Minnesota that lost the 4 year warranty on his $60,000 tractor over a thermostat because the factory thermostat wouldn't allow the engine to run hot enough to properly burn the diesel fuel. And the issues he was having were documented by the dealer and the OEM prior to the thermostat being changed.
Question here is who changed the thermostat. If the dealer did on the advice from Ford then they should not have voided the warranty. If the owner changed without authorization then they could nit pick and do it just to be jerks. OF course they are more worried about the EPA fining them instead making the necessary change and getting it re-approved by the EPA. Government bureaucrat policies are sometimes plain stupid. Sometimes the local mechanic has a better idea what is causing the problem than the factory as he dealing with real life problems.

It like my 73 IH PU that the factory 180 degree was too cold and I had water condensation in the crankcase. I went to an 195 degree which resolved the issue. IH later changed the thermostat spec for my 345 engine.

Of course now days the states stick a sniffer up the vehicle butt to see they are meeting the factory preset specs and then demand you make the vehicle operate worst just because someone miss entered factory information.