Dixon Tranmission leaking

JR1

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 4515b Dixon 50" has given me good service for 13 years. Now I noticed every time I park it in the garage it leaks a little bit of oil. Since the transmission is sealed except for the breather...what kind of oil can I add to keep it going a few more years? Or is there a sealant that might work? I noticed I can buy a whole new transmission for the right rear wheel for about $750. Or has it reached its maximum productive life?

JR

be1

Forum Newbie
Threads
My 4515b Dixon 50" has given me good service for 13 years. Now I noticed every time I park it in the garage it leaks a little bit of oil. Since the transmission is sealed except for the breather...what kind of oil can I add to keep it going a few more years? Or is there a sealant that might work? I noticed I can buy a whole new transmission for the right rear wheel for about $750. Or has it reached its maximum productive life?

JR

I have the same problem, 13 year old 4516 / 50", works fine, now a slight leak at left rear axle. Do not add transmission or hydraulic fluid. use 15-w-40 or 20-w-40 or even 20-w-50 synthetic motor oil.... I unscrewed the little black
hose that sits on top of the transmission and added a few ounces. I am keeping an eye on it. It don't leak much, only a few drops, and only when first parked after use... let me know what you are doing....
be1.