Dixon hydro pumps... Someone scratched the number off them...

Hicksvilleshick

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Dixon hydro pumps... Someone scratched the number off them...
So I picked up a Black Bear ZTR with the Kawasaki motor. Got it home and the right stick was a bit lazier than the left, had quite the oil mess by the lines and tank, days later went to the carwash to clean it and trace the leak and the right side just died. I finally got the pump pulled and tried to source a rebuild kit and no one can seem to identify the pumps. Someone has scraped all the markings off both pumps.

339099091_1516840988840515_5676230695673319201_n.jpg

338034987_180485317693620_1484993935110983048_n.jpg

From what I can tell the black bear was only made for 2-3 years with 2 options either the kawasaki or kohler motors. I found things that list these black bears up to 2006 only, and others that show only 07 and 08...
dixon.jpg
dixon2.jpg

So now I'm trying to determine what year mine is, and I've got the serial number but theres nothing I can find that will show me how to decode it to determine the year.

Anyone got a direction to point me? The real crime here is the dang thing broke and I had to shove it in the garage behind my bike and now the weather is getting nice and it's a massive pain to wiggle that heavy harley out from in front of it to go for a ride... lol

The guys at the local shop said it might be a parker pump, sent me to those folks but they were equally unable to identify the pump or point me in a direction.

If I could just pinpoint the year the mower was built I could at least take a swing...

Hicksvilleshick

Forum Newbie
Threads
From what I can tell from jacks small engine Jacks small engine it looks like all use the same pump 539132146 for the right side and 539132145 for the left across all years.

Does this sound right to anyone?

ddbtdd

Threads
Dixon was bought out by Husqvarna, if I am not mistaken. Husqvarna could have the answers for you in orange paint on their particular model.
Did you try Hydrogear for your pumps?
It looks like Dixon model numbers correspond to the year.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The RH one is PARKER H110 RH not Hydro Gear.

Last edited:

Hicksvilleshick

Forum Newbie
Threads
The right RH one is PARKER H110 RH not Hydro Gear.
This is what we were able to determine right at the end of the day yesterday. Still trying to source a re-build kit for them. The local parker pump place is trying to see if they can source one, and if nothing else, maybe rebuild it for me.