Dixon 4516 loose idler pulley

harriss28

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a used dixon 4516 that appeared to be in good condition. While I was mowing, I would occasionally hear a "chirp". Then a belt started smoking. Its seems the problem is with the idler puller on the engine to mower deck belt. The pulley was rubbing on the bottom of the engine causing the "chirp" I was hearing. There is a lot of play in the bracket. I removed the bracket to find the bushing is about twice as thick as the bracket. Since the bushing is thicker, the bracket will not tighten.

Is there supposed to be play in bracket? Would a smaller or tighter spring help?

Thanks for your help

Ifixdit

Threads
I just got a used dixon 4516 that appeared to be in good condition. While I was mowing, I would occasionally hear a "chirp". Then a belt started smoking. Its seems the problem is with the idler puller on the engine to mower deck belt. The pulley was rubbing on the bottom of the engine causing the "chirp" I was hearing. There is a lot of play in the bracket. I removed the bracket to find the bushing is about twice as thick as the bracket. Since the bushing is thicker, the bracket will not tighten.

Is there supposed to be play in bracket? Would a smaller or tighter spring help?

Thanks for your help

I would say no, there should be minimal play. Since you are fortunate enough to already know where the problem is, spend the few bucks it would take to get the right OEM part to fix it and mow on!