Disconnect Lawn Tractor Switches

I been disabling my seat switches for 30 years,i never liked the idea of my($400) PTO clutch engaging and disengaging 100x a day just to pick up a stick or open a gate.
I dont recommend it but if you must,just be careful not to dismount mower on a slope,always exit stage left,and always know where your feet are.
Peace...
 
Also, I mow a field that in the spring and fall is so wet in places that one must, um, assist the mower through the muddiest places, which is most easily done by pushing from behind (no limited-slip differential on consumer-grade riders). And it's not hard to catch up with a mower that is going 1.3 MPH.

The other advantage of the seat switch bypass is that on the really bumpy sections, the engine doesn't cut out as one's weight comes off the seat for a moment.

I grew up in the 1970s, using non-safety'd mowers from the 1960s. My next-door neighbor cut the tip of his middle finger off while cleaning grass out of the chute on his Toro Whirlwind (which I had several models of myself). I made a permanent mental note not to do the same!
 
Back
Top