Disappointed with lack of response from Hustler customer service

firemediceric

Threads
  • / Disappointed with lack of response from Hustler customer service
About a month ago I purchased the Hustler Raptor 60'. I have no complaints about the mower. I do have a couple of simple questions that I wanted Hustler customer service to address. For the life of me I can not find a telephone number to contact Hustler directly. I did make use of their on-line email option.

My questions are:
1. Why the difference in oil change intervals between the Hustler Raptor manual and the enclosed Kawasaki engine manual? The Hustler manual calls for a change after the first 5 hours and then every 40 hours. The Kawasaki manual states to change the oil after the first 8 hours and then every 100 hours. I tend to think that Kawasaki knows their product better than Hustler does, but I'd like to know why there is the vast discrepancy and if following the engine manufacturers more liberal guidelines will in any way impact my warranty?

2. My only other question was to confirm that my dealer did indeed activate my warranty?

After reaching out to Hustler over three weeks ago in two separate emails, I have yet to receive so much as an acknowledgment. Poor form, Hustler.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The cheapest part you can put into any engine is oil.
Hustler is carrying the can for warrantee on the entire mower including the engine,
So they take a belt + braces & a length of rope approach, just to be on the safe side.
Kawakasi have no control over the end use of the engine so have no idea of the actual service conditions.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
By nature of design, ZTRs are dusty, Hustler know this and has changed the engine oil intervals to compensate.
Bear in mind that the engine air filter is in the middle of this equation!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
All mower manufacturers spend a lot of time composing their operators manuals. There are many situations/conditions that they must consider when doing this and their experience directs the recommendations that they publish in their operators manuals, along with the legality of their recommendations.
Bear in mind that the main objective of engine manufacturers is to sell engines whereas mower manufacturers have the longevity of their machines as a prime objective.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here is a phone number for Hustler if you would care to try that way.

| Share | Share | Share | Share
Company Details:
P. O. Box 7000
Hesston, KS 67062-2097

Phone: (620) 327-4911
Fax: (620) 327-2117
301 Moved Permanently

turboawd

Threads
did you leave a return email address on their website?

here is their direct email:
inquiries@excelii.com

and as for the oil. why are you overthinking it? the kawasaki engines are used in many other different equipment types, and they provide a general oil change recommendation. hustler simply recommends changing the oil sooner. oil is cheap, so why argue.

firemediceric

Threads
Although I questioned the discrepancy in the literature regarding the oil change, arguing that issue was not my point. Rather I was remarking about Hustler's failure to respond to two customer service inquiries through their site.

Thank you for the additional contact information for them.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
There is no discrepancy in the operators manual for Raptor machines.
You may choose to use either Hustlers service recommendations or the engine manufacturers recommendations.
As I have said, Zero Turn machines operate in a dusty environment due to their design. Hustler has decided on a lower hour of operation recommendation for engine servicing as they build, operate and sell Zero Turn mowers and have for many years.
You have posted twice on the same subject, why?:confused2:
Did you call the engine manufacturer?
You have the option of changing the engine oil and filter any time that you would like or never for that matter, however, this will void the engine warranty.
Your Hustler Raptor is warrantied by Hustler, the engine is warrantied by it's manufacturer and not Hustler.