Deere Hood

Randy1944

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just got a John Deere LT180 and the hood has a spot on it about the size of a half dollar. It looks something like tree sap. I have tried and tried and can't seem to find the right thing to remove it. The harshest thing I used was some rubbing compound and it did not faze it. Any suggestions or maybe something that you have used with sucess? Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
They made the LT180 2002 till 2005 so I will guess the hood is plastic. So if it wouldn't rub out with rubbing compound I would think its not going to come out because it has to stain the plastic. New hood time. Other then that maybe repaint the hood but I don't know how well paint will stick to plastic?

shiftsuper175607

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just got a John Deere LT180 and the hood has a spot on it about the size of a half dollar. It looks something like tree sap. I have tried and tried and can't seem to find the right thing to remove it. The harshest thing I used was some rubbing compound and it did not faze it. Any suggestions or maybe something that you have used with sucess? Thanks

Water is the universal solvent. Put a rag on it and soak it with hot water and see if it softens the "SAP"

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

This is all well and good if the hood was painted. That model John Deere as I said was made between 2002 till 2005. That being the case it is made of colored plastic and no paint. He also said he used rubbing compound. He will have to get below the stain in the plastic and it will depend how deep it is But I guess he could give it a try and I sure hope him the best of luck :thumbsup: