Deere 225 ZTR w/Kawasaki 18.5 HP runs great at full speed, but dies when idled back.

Garinda

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Deere 225 ZTR w/Kawasaki 18.5 HP runs great at full speed, but dies when idled back.
Hi. I have a problem with a Kawasaki single cylinder 18.5 HP on a Deere 225 ZTR. It's about two years old with 50 hrs. Has run great until yesterday, although it has always been hard to restart when hot. Yesterday I had filled the grass bags so I idled it back and went to dump the bags. Before I could get back to it, it started idling very rough. I thought it was running out of gas. But I still had half a tank. Tried to throttle up some and get it running but it died and wouldn't start. I could tell it was flooded, you could smell gas. Let sit for 2 hours, got it started again after cranking a bit. Finished mowing, ran great at speed. Idled back to empty grass and problem returned. Sit for 2 hours again, got it running (running fine), moved to the shed. This morning I take out the spark plug and cylinder was so full of gas it dripped out the plug opening. Anyone got any ideas? thanks in advance!