Deck flush system..

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you like more possible rust under there then go for it. That is a marketing gimmick. "Let's hook a garden hose up to the deck and HOPE we sell more mowers". Total waste of time plus it makes a huge mess.

slomo

I'd rather MTD put a wire connection for their headlights, than a gimmick like the hose connection. Having to take out, and reinstall the headlights is a pain in the butt.

Mower King

Threads
I'd rather MTD put a wire connection for their headlights, than a gimmick like the hose connection. Having to take out, and reinstall the headlights is a pain in the butt.
Doesn't MTD have blade terminals that disconnect from the headlights or a plastic plug connecter a foot or 2 down the wiring harness from the lights? Our CC's do!

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Doesn't MTD have blade terminals that disconnect from the headlights or a plastic plug connecter a foot or 2 down the wiring harness from the lights? Our CC's do!

Yes, you can disconnect all 4 wires. But I've pulled the male connections out of the headlights themselves a couple of times. So I'm a little skittish on doing that. I like the old way of doing it, with the harness down by the muffler.

keakar

Threads
no they dont put those plugs on the residential MTD mowers, they wanted to save that 3 cents on every mower they make.

you have to pull the bulb sockets out and feed the wires out of the hood and lay them on the ground or hang it over the brake pedal when removing the hoods, its a real stupid design yet fighting with a stuck plug on ayp mowers i often wonder if having a disconnect able plug is really all that much better

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm old school, so my scarper is my procedure of choice. I can have mine done before someone get the wash out done. Before they do the 5 minute drying.
Exactly. Plus rolling up 125 feet of hose is not fun and storing it away.

slomo

Mower King

Threads
You're right, I looked at some new XT's this morn when I got to work. They have changed them on the new stuff....that is another example of an Engineer designed part, they will never have to work on....stupid idea! The old blade terminal bulb sockets, were a lot easier to work with!

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
No water on my mowers, blow day & wipe off..
Total gimmick. Nothing beats lifting the mower and occasionally scraping the underside of deck. Unfortunately, almost all my customers never scrape their deck. Sometimes takes me 30 plus minutes during a tune up to clean it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hear ya man..