Deck assist question, please

jeepi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Jeppi I also tried to order from hustlerlawnmowerparts.com and after charging my credit card they told me it was back ordered and would be 60 days before it was available.
I canceled my order and they refunded me.
I found one (the last one) on eBay and ordered it’s scheduled delivery is today. I’m hoping I have the same results as Skip. I’ll post and let you know hopefully tomorrow.
Jerry
I suppose that may be why my order was 'on hold', but it seemed odd that I needed to call to "resolve the issue", rather than simply sending an email to say it's on backorder. Anyway, the order was successfully cancelled and I ordered it today from Foards. Fingers crossed they actually have it in stock! It doesn't actually say it's in stock, but I noticed another item marked sold out, so I have high hopes. I also ordered the flex forks this week and they're on the way. I'm told they smooth out the ride significantly.

JG870

Threads
Jerry, no reason for you not to get the same results. I’ll (we’ll) be waiting to hear from you.
Skip
Got the spring kit this afternoon and installed it in less than 10 minutes.
Yep Skip I got the same results you did. It takes way less effort to raise the deck, now my wife can easily raise and lower with no problem at all.
40% to 60% less pressure just guessing but in any case WAY less than before adding the spring.
Hustler should include this as standard equipment for the price you pay for the mower.

skip49

Threads
Glad to hear that. And you’re right, after actually using my mower for the first time after installing the kit, I knew my 40% figure had been conservative. And like you, if the XDX needed the deck assist so badly, and the mounting brackets are already on the mower, why in the dickens didn’t Hustler include it.
Oh well, it’s just nice these days to find something that works as advertised.
Skip

JG870

Threads
Glad to hear that. And you’re right, after actually using my mower for the first time after installing the kit, I knew my 40% figure had been conservative. And like you, if the XDX needed the deck assist so badly, and the mounting brackets are already on the mower, why in the dickens didn’t Hustler include it.
Oh well, it’s just nice these days to find something that works as advertised.
Skip
Yep glad I got it and my wife is really happy!
I would definitely recommend it for anyone who owns or uses a Hustler Raptor XDX.👍

jeepi

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine have shopped, anxiously awaiting their arrival!

Meanwhile, I got my flex forks and got them put on yesterday. They're a pricier upgrade, but I think they'll be well worth it. My yard isn't exactly smooth and I could hardly take advantage of the increased max speed on the XDX over my old mower. With the flex forks, I put the levers all the way front and while it didn't take away all the bumps, it no longer seems like it's unreasonably hard on me or my mower.

In my short test yesterday, it also seemed like the flex forks also really help with what I call high centering. The frame on this mower is so stiff, if I run over a tree root or small ridge just wrong with a front tire, it makes the rear tire on that side lose traction.

I think I'm going to be very glad I made this upgrade, recommend anyone to try them if you have a rougher yard!

JG870

Threads
Mine have shopped, anxiously awaiting their arrival!

Meanwhile, I got my flex forks and got them put on yesterday. They're a pricier upgrade, but I think they'll be well worth it. My yard isn't exactly smooth and I could hardly take advantage of the increased max speed on the XDX over my old mower. With the flex forks, I put the levers all the way front and while it didn't take away all the bumps, it no longer seems like it's unreasonably hard on me or my mower.

In my short test yesterday, it also seemed like the flex forks also really help with what I call high centering. The frame on this mower is so stiff, if I run over a tree root or small ridge just wrong with a front tire, it makes the rear tire on that side lose traction.

I think I'm going to be very glad I made this upgrade, recommend anyone to try them if you have a rougher yard!
Sounds like the flex forks are going to work nicely Jeppi, give us an update after you use them a few times! I had heard they do better after some breaking in.