Deck assist question, please

skip49

Threads
I just traded my Raptor SD for a new XDX. The deck is WAY harder to raise with the foot pedal on the XDX. I saw the factory Deck Lift Assist kit and wondered if there was a downside to installing it. Anyone here installed/ used it? If there is no downside to having it, I think my 73 year old, feeble right leg would thank me.
Any feedback appreciated.
Skip

Mr. Mower

Threads
Click on the first link below.

There is just one review about the item that you are inquiring about.

Just maybe it could help you out?

It appears though that Hustler Corp. no longer is selling it?

skip49

Threads
Sorry about the delay in thanking you. When I first posted that question I didn’t realize that my mower already has the brackets to accommodate this kit.
Should be a 10 minute addition, IF I can find the kit. I’m dead sure my leg will thank me.
Skip

skip49

Threads
Turns out, the deck lift assist kit is readily available, and while my dealer didn’t have it in stock, they ordered it for me and I should have it in a few days.
Notice: I’ll be glad when it’s installed!

Skip

JG870

Threads
Hi Skip
Was wondering if you installed the deck lift assist kit? Does it make a difference?

skip49

Threads
You’re not going to believe this, but it has been on backorder with my dealer all this time. I only saw your question tonight because I’m canceling my order tomorrow, and I was checking on line tonight and it seems to be readily available at several different places. I had paid my dealer in advance.
I used my mower for the first time this season this weekend, and I swear, that deck lift is BRUTAL! Hopefully I’ll post about success with it soon!
Signed,
Tired leg Skip

JG870

Threads
You’re not going to believe this, but it has been on backorder with my dealer all this time. I only saw your question tonight because I’m canceling my order tomorrow, and I was checking on line tonight and it seems to be readily available at several different places. I had paid my dealer in advance.
I used my mower for the first time this season this weekend, and I swear, that deck lift is BRUTAL! Hopefully I’ll post about success with it soon!
Signed,
Signed,
Tired leg Skip

JG870

Threads
Hi Skip I just saw your reply.
You won’t believe that my dealer ordered one for me 4 weeks ago and it hasn’t shipped yet even though it shows to be in stock at Hustler.
The dealer said he is waiting on other parts too.
I’ll give it a little while and then look elsewhere.
Let me know if you find one online and if you do what you think of it.
Thanks for your reply
Jerry

Mr. Mower

Threads
Wow...I have to hand it to both of you guys for your patience.

Though I can fully understand and comprehend on ordering direct from a authorized sales and service dealer, etc. because I would have done the same........ but even though they say that it shows in stock and it's been weeks (now going into months) on waiting on that part, since you placed an order......now your just waiting and wondering when if ever you'll get a call letting you know that it has finally arrived.....I think after two weeks of waiting I would have just cancelled my order and ordered the same kit from some other source (first calling and making sure that they actually have it in stock and for sure that they would have no problem receiving it of course).

But to each their own.

skip49

Threads
Wow...I have to hand it to both of you guys for your patience.

Though I can fully understand and comprehend on ordering direct from a authorized sales and service dealer, etc. because I would have done the same........ but even though they say that it shows in stock and it's been weeks (now going into months) on waiting on that part, since you placed an order......now your just waiting and wondering when if ever you'll get a call letting you know that it has finally arrived.....I think after two weeks of waiting I would have just cancelled my order and ordered the same kit from some other source (first calling and making sure that they actually have it in stock and for sure that they would have no problem receiving it of course).

But to each their own.
Hey, they don’t call me Job for nothing !
Ok, I canceled my order with my dealer, got my refund, and found the kit on line. Last summer, when I ordered, it didn’t seem to be available. I’ve now ordered and it’s showing shipped today. Found it at
hustlerlawnmowerparts.com
Next project will be a suspension system under my seat.
Good luck!
Skip