d326 loseing power

Fatdaddy

Threads
I will be mowing and the engine will start powering down about to die.. I set there cut off my blades engine will get running low and about a min will power back up and off I go.. Won't happen again for awhile.
Wondering if it is something in the fuel filters? Has happen now about 4 times the last month.

I took off my filters today and I guess the silver thing is the fuel pump I took it off as well being all connected together?????
What do ya think it might be or how to trouble shoot this one.

slc10844

Threads
How many hours? Does it do it on both fuel tanks or just one? May be a bad fuel cap.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is it happening on one tank or both tanks? Is the fuel know that switches tanks fully in the on position for the tank you are using? I would definitely change the fuel filters. I would think the pump would either work or not work instead of working intermittently. Could possibly be a loose connection to the fuel pump. I guess it would be possible for the fuel pump to be getting hot and losing flow and cooling off and starting back if it is indeed working intermittently.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Might sound bizarre but I have seen a big piece of trash in the fuel tank make a diesel run that way as well.

Fatdaddy

Threads
Not got but 250hrs my Ex Mark had 550 and never blinked a eye..
really never thought which tank but Id say rt. tank, that is another pain in the butt the gas light comes on I fill it up when it stops blinking and it only holds 3.5 gallons. I ran it all day after stop blinking waiting for it to run out filled up next day and it held 4.7 gallons.. I'm gonna stretch it somebody on here said they ran out and not to hard to start up other tank..

anyway you answer is the rt tank... Just don't use that left one to much, the diesel/gas place is on the way to church
only place I cut at. I fill it up and get a big drink.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 326 we run it several days a week. It still has less than 200 hours on it but it has not missed a beat so far. I have run it out of fuel on the rt tank one time. It started back up without having to bleed it. I wish this mower was closer to here I would like to see what is going on myself since that is what we run.

Several commercial guys in our area run them and I have never heard of any of them having a problem with them.

Fatdaddy

Threads
i love the mower lots of power more than the Ex Mark, Im going into town today to get the filters.
The parts place has the filter for $10.50 looks the same size but I better get a Kubota one..

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How many hours did your 326 have open it when you bought it? Have you serviced everything on it by the schedule in the book?

Fatdaddy

Threads
I changed the 2 filters, I mowed my own front yard took about a hour, I was on the back going up a hill and it did it.
This time it ALMOST DIED but did not.. I go down the hill let it sit and it powers back up I do more cutting.
Wife wants to go into town I put it in the shop come back a hour I look at my filter lines and not bends or nothing.
I start it just sitting there it runs for about 5 min and it does it AGAIN....

It has 250hrs I never really serviced it... I did changed oil, filters a month ago.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could have some bad fuel that has stopped those filters up. You could have something in the tank that is moving over the fuel outlet. You could have something else.

First thing I would do is look at the fuel and see what it looks like.