D140...tran problem...what to do?

Rocky J

Threads
I am a cautious type myself so I take a lot of pictures before I start from a lot of angles, and more pictures of and on , sometimes I have to wait on parts, money, or time and it can be two weeks later before I assemble things , before I start I go through all the pictures and follow them as I go, when you ask yourself where did that bracket go and which way is up you look at the picture of that area. Like Bert said it is not that many fasteners, and the pictures will help you with a spring and clip, if you took on the carb linkage you can do this.

gotomow

Threads
Hopefully the OP will update us soon since his last post was back in September 2017. However I'm thinking that he has resolved his situation by now. One good thing about this thread is that I've gotten familiar with how to change the fluid on the K46 from watching several Youtube videos. Seems to be a very easy procedure at least on the JD's. Of course having a nice floor jack and stands and years of working on Laycock J-type overdrives on Triumphs and Volvos make this procedure a cake walk.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
On my K46 I had make temperature checks and never saw over 120 degrees F even on a hot summer day, no odd noises and ran quiet. But I'm still kind of shocked at the construction of this unit and seeing it on a 23 HP 600 lb mower.