Repairs D-ZTR 4424 Dixon Tranmsmission Repair

jimcahoe

Threads
I am considering buying the above mower but it has some sort of transmission problem. Does anyone know if this model has a clutch or cone type transmission? I have been warned not to buy if it is a cone type transmission.

If it is a clutch how difficult is it to adjust?

lonestarjeff

Threads
The 4424 would have the cone-type transmission. If you have some mechanical skills you could likely repair the problem, & the parts are still available. I would not not recommend it, though, if you're not into some mechanical tinkering. My 4423 transmission lasted about 10 years before I had to start replacing some tranny parts & drive sprockets.

Jeff

brodave

Threads
I am considering buying the above mower but it has some sort of transmission problem. Does anyone know if this model has a clutch or cone type transmission? I have been warned not to buy if it is a cone type transmission.

Lonestar, I have some Dixon instructions, and a DVD on service and adjustment to the cone type transmission. I'll be most happy share with you, since they were given to me. I have three of them!! Send me email address, mailing address and phone # or you can call me at 409 382 9309. Whatever pleases you. LORD bless-brodave

brodave

Threads

Jim, Sent this same message to lonestar by mistake!! "I have some Dixon instructions, and a DVD on service and adjustment to the cone type transmission. I'll be most happy to share them with you, since they were given to me. I have three of them!! Send me email address, mailing address, and phone # or you can call me at 409 382 9309- whatever pleases you". LORD bless-brodave

jimcahoe

Threads
Lonestar, I have some Dixon instructions, and a DVD on service and adjustment to the cone type transmission. I'll be most happy share with you, since they were given to me. I have three of them!! Send me email address, mailing address and phone # or you can call me at 409 382 9309. Whatever pleases you. LORD bless-brodave

Thank you. I think I will know by Sunday if I get the mower. If I do I will definitely get back with you.