cylinder/piston for d433

robinb66

Threads
Hey guys does anyone happen to have a cylinder and piston for a d433 lawnboy. after reexamining mine i found out that there was a huge scratch in the cylinder wall preventing it from running my email is rjb562001@yahoo.com thanks!

Phototone

Threads
The only place you "might" find a NOS cylinder is on ebay, as there are lots of folks that sell NOS parts. Your BEST BET is to just buy another old Lawnboy using the same engine, and swap out the engine. There are some new Pistons and Rings available for 400 series lawnboys, they are aftermarket, made in China.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I bash China a lot and much deserved, but some stuff is ok. I have used China sourced brake discs for years with no problems. (Simple minded reason): Hey it's just a chunk of cast iron turned on a lathe, not rocket science. Also one of the best buys ever (after much reservation) was a set of ebay headers for $99. I fully expected to just return them, but they were an excellent "kit"...a little tweaking for fit. The welds have been very good and the chrome has lasted well. So maybe a set of cylinders might be ok if wall thickness is good and you don't get a casting with impurities and voids. I would measure carefully. And overall cost is an issue. I try to buy from ebay vendors where you can return for credit if necessary. Sooner or later Chinese mainland stuff will shape up.

Phototone

Threads
Just to be clear, there ARE NO replacement cylinders for lawnboy 400 series engines. What I mentioned is that rings and pistons are available. The 2-ring pistons for late 400 series engines. These are made in China (the pistons), the rings, I don't know where they are made. If you have got a scratched cylinder wall, you are just going to have to find another used cylinder from a salvage mower.