CV461s 16 HP. New aftermarket carb, won't run correctly?

TobyU

Threads
  • / CV461s 16 HP. New aftermarket carb, won't run correctly?
I have two employees and we are busy year-round. You can research me here if you wish.
Looks like you have a nice facility.
I think you said you've been doing the 16 years. I opened my shop in April of 2011 and currently have 204 reviews.
I have no employees as I am a one man show.
Your reviews read a lot like mine. Those people say I'm the best thing since sliced bread.
More than one has called me the lawn mower whisperer.
They're just happy because I do good work and I'm super cheap compared to everyone else.
Lol

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Looks like you have a nice facility.
I think you said you've been doing the 16 years. I opened my shop in April of 2011 and currently have 204 reviews.
I have no employees as I am a one man show.
Your reviews read a lot like mine. Those people say I'm the best thing since sliced bread.
More than one has called me the lawn mower whisperer.
They're just happy because I do good work and I'm super cheap compared to everyone else.
Lol

Chickanik on YouTube claims they used to work on over 2000 pieces of equipment each year (maybe 4 employees, guessing). That is 500/employee and sounds high to me. How many pieces of equipment handheld versus larger equipment, can an efficient small engine mechanic service and repair per year?

TobyU-Everyone does things differently in life. Perhaps spend less time comparing and more helping. If you are as good as you say you are, you are leaving money on the table, “being so much cheaper than the competition.” Knowledge, experience and the right tools should be fairly compensated.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I do around 300 jobs a year when the health allows it
1 person sole trader & independent
And that is individual jobs , not uncommon for some one to turn up with 3 or more items
This excludes blade sharpening ( both mower & saws )
I could do more if I wanted to but headache customers get told to go away and I have stopped working on a lot of brands .
Because I work through the christmas holiday break I get a lot of builders & bricklayers who will drop off a truck load of gear & pick it up in 2 weeks when they go back to work
I now have every mowing contractor in the surrounding district because I do overnight servicing ( not repairs ) so they drop off on their way home & I leave them out with a gate key so they can pick up at whatever ungodly hour they go past in the morning .
This also means I need to have all the common parts for all their machines in stock all the time .
And they pay a premium price for this service