Cv22s won't start

Ccr

Forum Newbie
I would like to know how to bypass all of the safety switches so I can check the coil and get this thing running. Then I can hook back up one switch at a time till I find my electrical Problem
 
If you want to isolate the coil from the rest of the system just remove the small wire connected to the coil itself and crank the engine while checking for spark.

When you say Cv22s won't start, does the starter engage the flywheel and cause it to rotate when the key is turned to the start position?
 
If you want to isolate the coil from the rest of the system just remove the small wire connected to the coil itself and crank the engine while checking for spark.

When you say Cv22s won't start, does the starter engage the flywheel and cause it to rotate when the key is turned to the start position?

Ok ill try that. Yes turns over with no spark. It is a commercial mower with all kind of same safety switches on it. But every thing on the mechanical side is good. Thanks you for your help I might be back thanks again
 
My cv22s will start with carb cleaner but won't stay running. I've cleaned the carb twice and still have the same issue. Before this I found the solenoid bad and replaced. It won't even crank before that. Any ideas?
 
My cv22s will start with carb cleaner but won't stay running. I've cleaned the carb twice and still have the same issue. Before this I found the solenoid bad and replaced. It won't even crank before that. Any ideas?

Starting a fresh thread would have been a good start as this one is 4 years old and gets ignored
Check the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb.
It should go on & off with the ignition.
Pull it out and check the plunger is moving all the way.
 
Starting a fresh thread would have been a good start as this one is 4 years old and gets ignored
Check the fuel solenoid on the bottom of the carb.
It should go on & off with the ignition.
Pull it out and check the plunger is moving all the way.

Thanks! That was it. Started right up.
 
Back
Top