CV15S cylinder damage

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
same animal NaOH / Sodium Hydoxide / Caustic Soda / Lye / Washing soda , used to the active ingredient in most drain cleaners to break up the fat balls & hair.
also a favourite way of making bodies vanish.

If the piston, rings, and cylinder are scored, and if so, to what extent, I would definitely hesitate to go forward with this repair. The fact that this engine was run low on oil, is not good, at all. Seems like parts and labor will add up quickly on this engine. The Kohler CV15S engine is a good solid engine, but is it worth hundreds and hundreds to partially rebuild? Probably not.

Moparjoe499

Threads
If the piston, rings, and cylinder are scored, and if so, to what extent, I would definitely hesitate to go forward with this repair. The fact that this engine was run low on oil, is not good, at all. Seems like parts and labor will add up quickly on this engine. The Kohler CV15S engine is a good solid engine, but is it worth hundreds and hundreds to partially rebuild? Probably

If the piston, rings, and cylinder are scored, and if so, to what extent, I would definitely hesitate to go forward with this repair. The fact that this engine was run low on oil, is not good, at all. Seems like parts and labor will add up quickly on this engine. The Kohler CV15S engine is a good solid engine, but is it worth hundreds and hundreds to partially rebuild? Probably not.
A cylinder hone will clean up any scuffs. Stop being a wuss.