Votes: 0 0.0%
  • do nothing

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

kd30003

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cv15 not grabbing fuel. gummed up lines but not sure about pump
i bought an older 2005 jd lt150 and it ran good until i tried to drain the fuel. after that this thing hasn't seemed to grab any fuel and put it in the carb.

ITS NOT THE CARB!

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
You may have caused an air trapped pocket in gas line.. I'd suggest removing the exit line & test for gas flow ..

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
You may have caused an air trapped pocket in gas line.. I'd suggest removing the exit line & test for gas flow ..
Take an air compressor blow gun attachment and blow from fuel line to fuel pump back into fuel tank with fuel cap removed. Make sure it is clear and then reattach fuel line to pump. Crank engine and look for strong, steady pulses of fuel out of fuel pump (remove fuel line from pump to carburetor). If all checks out, you know you have fuel getting to carburetor. If it doesn’t start and you have spark, chances are the carburetor needs to be cleaned.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just note the steel fuel running across the top of the engine can rust closed. So where testing the fuel disconnect the outlet side of the fuel pump and then test the line if the pump is working.

MowerNick

Threads
StarTech is probably right. I wont even replace those carbs anymore with out replacing the steel line.