Cutting problems

skipper124

Threads
I have a 2007 Yardman MTD that cuts bad on one side. I noticed when I replaced the blades one of the star spindels was almost worn completely down. Would this cause it? Also can you get a part for that?

DunDikke

Threads
Yes this might be the problem sins the blade can slip.
Post your model number so people can help you out with the part.
You can also post a picture off the spindel star.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star spindle worn is caused by two things. First, when the blade is installed, you must double check that it is seated properly. See to often where the blade rests on top of the star and gets smashed when the blade bolt is tightened. Second, if the blade bolt is not tightened properly the blade continues to move slightly, wearing the star away.

keakar

Threads

skipper124

Threads
Pretty sure it was always seated properly. Nuts coming loose I'm not sure. I do remember about 5 years ago the deck was shaking violently and I didn't know why. I finally found out the belt had a chunk out of it. I replaced it with a new one. Would this have caused it? Also would the belt be worn out already and slipping as a possible cause?

keakar

Threads
Pretty sure it was always seated properly. Nuts coming loose I'm not sure. I do remember about 5 years ago the deck was shaking violently and I didn't know why. I finally found out the belt had a chunk out of it. I replaced it with a new one. Would this have caused it? Also would the belt be worn out already and slipping as a possible cause?
hard to say, might have just rusted that way or you could have hit something and never noticed the damage when you changed the blade

the belt can be messed up pretty easy if something is off like rusty pulleys or excess vibration from worn spindle bearings

skipper124

Threads
Anybody know what part number the deck belt would be? I think I will order both to be safe.