Cutting on hills?

asbury park

Forum Newbie
Threads
We will be moving into a new home and the yard will be roughly 1/2 acre of grass. The entire yard slopes from front to back with the larger portions of the yard in the front and back. Sides have grass as well but not as much. I have been looking at getting a Husqvarna lawn tractor with roughly 22-24HP engine. How will the yard being on a slope effect the mower? Anything i need to keep in mind when choosing a mower? Thanks

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
We will be moving into a new home and the yard will be roughly 1/2 acre of grass. The entire yard slopes from front to back with the larger portions of the yard in the front and back. Sides have grass as well but not as much. I have been looking at getting a Husqvarna lawn tractor with roughly 22-24HP engine. How will the yard being on a slope effect the mower? Anything i need to keep in mind when choosing a mower? Thanks

Well I don't know what type or how steep a grade your talking about but most Lawn Tractors and ZTR manuals will tell you never mow on any incline with a slope in excess of 15 degrees. Always mow across the face of the slopes rather than up and down and beginning at the bottom of the slope always turning up hill at the end of every pass when possible is what is recommended. Some of the stand on mowers that have a lower center of gravity will allow to mow on or up to a 20 degree slope.