Cub Cadet Z-Force S 60 Hydraulic pump belt

Rodger A

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am getting very tired a having to stop mowing to reinstall the hydraulic pumps drive belt.Sometimes it will happen 3-4 times in a 2 hour mowing session.
When I put on a new belt it will stay on for a pretty long time. As the belt wears the frequency of it jumping off the pump pulley starts increasing. All belt guards are in place. Belt routinely jumps of the left hand drive motor. Any one else having similar problems? According to local repair shop/dealer there are no recalls or safety notices addressing this issue.
Thanks,

Rodger A

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thought I would give everybody an update. Finally got tired of putting the belt on, actually had to replace the belt. While underneath discovered that one of the idler pulleys on the Hydraulic belt tensioner was not tight allowing the pulley to wobble. Tightened it up and so far after about 10 hours mowing haven't thrown the belt. Time will tell.

KrashnKraka

Threads
Thought I would give everybody an update. Finally got tired of putting the belt on, actually had to replace the belt. While underneath discovered that one of the idler pulleys on the Hydraulic belt tensioner was not tight allowing the pulley to wobble. Tightened it up and so far after about 10 hours mowing haven't thrown the belt. Time will tell.

.... yer on it!
And thank you for the update/fix... some will greatly appreciate
your work.

KK

fastback4

Threads
We just got our 2015 ZF SZ60 Kohler steering wheel zero-turn and we think so far it's a very nice mower. The cub replaced a well used and worn out Swisher 60" cut with a Kohler engine. I bought the swisher new in 2006 and I only had to replace the battery, oil, filter, and 2 idler pulleys and belts when needed. I installed grease fittings in the blade bearing assemblies when I got the mower. I believe owners of any type power equipment should do an inspection before and after using it. You found a reason for your belt slippage because you looked closer. Looking and listening can prevent future repairs.