Engine Cub Cadet Tank with Kohler CV740 had gone hunting

iMower

Threads
  • / Cub Cadet Tank with Kohler CV740 had gone hunting
I have a 2007 Cub Cadet Tank with a Kohler CV-740-0039 twin cyl engine. It has been working fine, but this weekend I mowed a spot of weeds the next day after a tough first season mow the day before.

When I shut the blades off and put the brake on, the engine was hunting. I checked on the forum and it suggested that the engine was leaning out, so I choked it slightly and it smoothed out. Problem sounds like lean condition, but it has a fuel pump, fuel filter, and a pretty difficult to get to carb.

Does anyone have any tips on diagnosing which part is messed up? I suspect a piece of dirt in the carb since it happened so quickly. Still would like to test first.

Thanks

Last edited:

Lawnmowerman2

Threads
  • / Cub Cadet Tank with Kohler CV740 had gone hunting
sounds like you got some dirt in the fuel tank at some point in time... if you never worked in or around the carb area.. it best to let a tech do it.. there are things that can happen, such as the plastic throttle clip breaks, or the carb does not seat in right.. due to under or over tighting the carb bolts.. but as for as a test, there is not one.. but you can use the mower and burn all the gas out and it might clear itself up..