Cub Cadet RZT-50 Deck Lift Handle Torsion Spring Broken! Is therfe an easy fix?

dgspal

Forum Newbie
I've got a Cub Cadet RZT-50 with a broken lift handle torsion spring. I've got the correct service manual for my model and the replacement procedure involves removing the deck, right and left console, battery, seat and loosening the seat box frame. I'll do it if I have to, but is there an easier way? Sometimes service techs develop shortcuts to factory procedures and I'm wondering if any members know of any?

Thanks in advance

Dennis
 
Hi - I have the same problem - but do not have the procedure you do (no service manual). I have removed the seat, consoles, all bolts on seat box - but still have no idea how to get to he lever to replace the spring.

Joe
 
I too have the same problem. I think when Cub Cadet built this mower they had a guy hold the spring and then they assembled the rest of the mower around it. The torchen spring that is broke on my RZT 50 is the one that hold pressure for the deck handle to stay in the selected height position. There has to be a short cut to change this instead of dissassembling the whole top of this mower!!! ????
 
Re: Cub Cadet RZT-50 Deck Lift handle

Has anyone replaced a torsion spring on a cub cadet with out pulling everything apart ? Is there an easier way ?
 
Try this. Use a one of those rubber straps. I hooked around the handle down to the frame. Hope this helps quick and easy.
 
I've got a Cub Cadet RZT-50 with a broken lift handle torsion spring. I've got the correct service manual for my model and the replacement procedure involves removing the deck, right and left console, battery, seat and loosening the seat box frame. I'll do it if I have to, but is there an easier way? Sometimes service techs develop shortcuts to factory procedures and I'm wondering if any members know of any?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

i need help with this issue
 
Back
Top