Cub Cadet RZT-50 Deck Lift Handle Torsion Spring Broken! Is therfe an easy fix?

dgspal

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet RZT-50 Deck Lift Handle Torsion Spring Broken! Is therfe an easy fix?
I've got a Cub Cadet RZT-50 with a broken lift handle torsion spring. I've got the correct service manual for my model and the replacement procedure involves removing the deck, right and left console, battery, seat and loosening the seat box frame. I'll do it if I have to, but is there an easier way? Sometimes service techs develop shortcuts to factory procedures and I'm wondering if any members know of any?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

Scorpio

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Cub Cadet RZT-50 Deck Lift Handle Torsion Spring Broken! Is therfe an easy fix?
Hi - I have the same problem - but do not have the procedure you do (no service manual). I have removed the seat, consoles, all bolts on seat box - but still have no idea how to get to he lever to replace the spring.

Joe

macsplinter

Threads
I have one broke too. Let me know if you come across a good easy fix.

jfmorris59

Forum Newbie
Threads
I too have the same problem. I think when Cub Cadet built this mower they had a guy hold the spring and then they assembled the rest of the mower around it. The torchen spring that is broke on my RZT 50 is the one that hold pressure for the deck handle to stay in the selected height position. There has to be a short cut to change this instead of dissassembling the whole top of this mower!!! ????

crimson_axe

Threads
How old are the mowers and did this spring break within a couple of uses

jfmorris59

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower is 1.5 years old and it has less that 13 hours on it.

orchard53

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: Cub Cadet RZT-50 Deck Lift handle

Has anyone replaced a torsion spring on a cub cadet with out pulling everything apart ? Is there an easier way ?

trock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try this. Use a one of those rubber straps. I hooked around the handle down to the frame. Hope this helps quick and easy.

A.L.C.

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a Cub Cadet RZT-50 with a broken lift handle torsion spring. I've got the correct service manual for my model and the replacement procedure involves removing the deck, right and left console, battery, seat and loosening the seat box frame. I'll do it if I have to, but is there an easier way? Sometimes service techs develop shortcuts to factory procedures and I'm wondering if any members know of any?

Thanks in advance

Dennis

i need help with this issue