cub cadet RTZ50 Safety switches on handle

popsljc

Threads
How do you eliminate the safety switches on the hand controls. I want to be able to cut gras when I am backing up.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have never heard of a ztr that could not mow backwards. You will find little help on here for that as we would be responsible if you ran over some one.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If that is the model with a steering wheel it takes a bit of doing.
Normally I do not condone bypassing any safety switch but thses reverse cut outs are the exception.
Just remember if you should do any damage you will be leagally liable and your insurance will be void.

Now this is a PIA job.
If you look through the hole in the floor plate under the reverse pedal you will see a switch, that is your target.
To get it off you will have to remove both pedals, the front cover plate on the turret the floor pan mounting bolts and there was something else that I can not remember right now.
remove the wires from the switch and tie them up out of the way with a cable tie.
While the flor pan is up, blow all of the crud out and give everything a good dose of dry lithium lubricant.
You can not take the floor plate completely off without removing the steering wheel but you can lift it to the top of the turret out of the way, just avoid smacking your head into it like muggins here manages to do every time.

Be careful there is not much spare space down there all those levers and gears swing quite a long way.
I loop it back on itself and use two ties.