Cub Cadet Owner Check-In --- Read This First!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
When you turn up hill the weight transfers to the rear drive wheels for traction. Front tires do not have traction they just follow what back tires do. Less weight on back tires means they can slip and then you are out of control and just have to hold on till the wild ride ends.

Pumper54

Threads
When you turn up hill the weight transfers to the rear drive wheels for traction. Front tires do not have traction they just follow what back tires do. Less weight on back tires means they can slip and then you are out of control and just have to hold on till the wild ride ends.

You have seen me mowing part of the farm then. I drive up the pond's dam and hang on for the ride down. Hill is too step to cut crosswise.
Tom.

oldefogie

Forum Newbie
Threads
new to site. own a XT1 w/18hp Kohler.

dakotanut

Threads
2010 Cub Cadet RZT 50 zero turn. Its taken some work but I'm just about done.

LadyPeppercar

Forum Newbie
Threads
My name is Connie and I only mow my overgrown lawn because I'm a widow --- now I seem to have destroyed the thing --- which does not have a pet name.
Can anyone out there point me to someone who can help me fix this contraption? Thanks

papahonk

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I acquired my father-in-laws LT1045 after the Kohler courage single cylinder developed a crack at the top of the crank casing. it would mist out hot oil but ran. after a couple failed attemps at sealing it up and catching it on fire 3 times the motor decided enough was enough and refused to run anymore. acted like it was sucking air before the carb. after running nicely for about half an hour of mowing. Started looking for a motor for it and was shocked at the prices.
I just purchased a ltx 1054 vt with a good running motor but a bad transmission. I entended to swap motors, but tinkering with it i discoverd it will move for a few minutes or until you stop moving for what ever reason. then if you let it sit about 20 min it will move agian. To me that sounds like it might be low on fluid so if its something i can fix by adding fluid once and awhile. i thought i would give it a shot.
I don't have a huge yard, but it is bigger then i want to push. also a bit steep in a few places. that make using a pusher a pain. easier to dive the hill then to push. and the lt1045 is the only mower that i have owned that would not start to slide half way down the hill. With chains on it can even stop half way down and hold. the Craftsman i had as well as the little JD would start going faster then the drive wheels and i would have to counter steer to keep them straight.
well thats just about it see you all in the forums

Mike in Kansas

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
My name is Connie and I only mow my overgrown lawn because I'm a widow --- now I seem to have destroyed the thing --- which does not have a pet name.
Can anyone out there point me to someone who can help me fix this contraption? Thanks

You've got to tell us where you live. Then maybe someone who lives close to you can help.

efred

Threads
Apologies for not posting here earlier; I just found it.

I have a 2165 tractor, with the 48", model 301 deep deck, that I purchased new in '98. I've always regretted not spending the extra ~$250 to get the 18hp 2185 with the Kohler engine; 16hp is not enough to power the 48" deck. Since the first year of operation, it has had an oil-consumption problem, which was greatly exacerbated by a mouse-nest around one of the heads. At the end of last year, it was using nearly a quart of oil per mowing, and mandatory spark-plug replacement after about 3-mowings. Over this past winter, I decided to repower it with a 22hp Predator engine, and after 8 months of on-and-off work, I finally got to mow with it the other day, and I am quite pleased with the results with my Frankenmower. I still need to build a new exhaust so I can use the hood.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cub Cadet seems to have dropped from forum listings.