cub cadet model #13AVA1CS009 runs fine for about 10 min, then starts running rough and cuts off. New carb installed. 18HP twin cam . sputtering and

double yellow

Threads
  • / cub cadet model #13AVA1CS009 runs fine for about 10 min, then starts running rough and cuts off. New carb installed. 18HP twin cam . sputtering and
Post up the model, type and code info of the engine.
Using that model number from the tractor leaves room for lots of speculation and Cub used several different engines on the same model tractor at times so with engine info we can then maybe get on the same page as you.

thanks
Serl #4706730603 Spec PS-SV541-3218

pay1920

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / cub cadet model #13AVA1CS009 runs fine for about 10 min, then starts running rough and cuts off. New carb installed. 18HP twin cam . sputtering and
Need help with this thing. Any help would sure be appreciated Need fixing Thanks 154 hrs on it.
pp
My uncle was looking for a used riding mower, he found one with the same problem you described. It seems the rubber seal on the gas cap had cracked and a small piece had gotten into the gas line. after running a while it would run out of gas, after sitting for a short while, started up and ran great until it ran out of gas again. Remove the gas tank ,and clean, replace gas cap if needed and blow out the gas line with compressed air or replace gas line. The previous owner had changed carb, and had give up, sold it cheap. My uncle now has a almost new riding mower at a Great price. Good Luck

Freddie21

Threads
Gas cap 1st

double yellow

Threads
My uncle was looking for a used riding mower, he found one with the same problem you described. It seems the rubber seal on the gas cap had cracked and a small piece had gotten into the gas line. after running a while it would run out of gas, after sitting for a short while, started up and ran great until it ran out of gas again. Remove the gas tank ,and clean, replace gas cap if needed and blow out the gas line with compressed air or replace gas line. The previous owner had changed carb, and had give up, sold it cheap. My uncle now has a almost new riding mower at a Great price. Good Luck
Sure will try this. I thank you for your help

CLStout

Threads
My tractor was doing the same thing. Drilled a small hole in the gas cap, which solved the problem immediately.

Gord Baker

Threads
Remove the Gas Cap and cover opening with a cloth and elastic band. Could be a tank venting issue.

double yellow

Threads

double yellow

Threads
My tractor was doing the same thing. Drilled a small hole in the gas cap, which solved the problem immediately.
Will do that also
Thanks

double yellow

Threads

davis2

Threads
I had the sme exact problem with a Sabre. Now she runs great! Clean the rubber bits out of the tank and fuel lines, and you should be good.