Cub Cadet LT2180 riding mower sucking fuel!

flyfish0822

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Cub Cadet LT2180 riding mower. It was starting to lose a bit of power, so I pulled the top off the carb and replaced the needle valves and gasket. I found a crack in my gas tank, so I replaced that, plus all fuel lines. Since that time, my mower goes through twice as much fuel to mow the yard, plus it runs rougher as I go. I had put new plugs in it, but each time I mow, I pull the plugs and they are black. I had sprayed some carb cleaner into the carb a while back. Could this have eaten a seal or something and causing it to lose fuel or something? It does not dump fuel onto the ground. I've checked this many times. it is burning it up. Would love to hear any comments/thoughts on this.....and thanks!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would say either the needle valve that you replaced is leaking enough to make it run rich but not enough to flood the engine with fuel. the other possible problem could be a clogged air bleed, which is the small holes around the edge of the carb intake. Most likely you are going to remove the carb, give it good cleaning, and install a complete carb kit.