Cub Cadet HDS2135 fuel Question

MingoMowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I wasn't. Pump is rated at 2.5 to 4psi at full amp draw. That shouldn't of overwhelmed the carb needle.

slomo
so what your basically saying is drive it till the wheels fall off as is and dont worry bout it?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would install the OEM pump, delete the new electric one.

"Some mowers" with charging coils, at idle, hardly put out 10.5 volts. You need to check yours with a volt meter and a tachometer. Like the other guys stated, your carb could be clogged on the pilot circuit too.

slomo

shirl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep, was just thinking the same thing
Try a return line back to tank,I think it will solve your problem,thats too muck pressure.I had the same problem with mind,but as long I keep tank over half full I had no problem

Ronni

Threads
I have a cub cadet 2135 with a kohler command 12.5 motor, got it on trade, the issue the guy was having was he said it needed a fuel pump, i added an aftermarket electric pump from auto zone that pumps 2.5-4 psi, it runs and drives fine other than it seems to kill of when i throttle down below 1/3 throttle, do i need to add a return line to the tank between pump and carbureator to reduce fuel to carb? with it killing off below 1/3 throttle it makes me wonder if im dumping too much fuel is why im asking
I recommend buying the fuel pump replacement for your mower rather than using a fuel pump not designed for the mower. The mower fuel pump is powered by the engine air pressure from the crank case so the fuel pressure matches the need for the engine. An electric fuel pump doesn't do that and that is probably why you are having your problem.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It uses a mechanical pump powered by an eccentric in the engine.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Try a return line back to tank,I think it will solve your problem,thats too muck pressure.I had the same problem with mind,but as long I keep tank over half full I had no problem
It was rated at 2.5 to 4psi. Now what it actually delivers is unknown. Shouldn't overwhelm the needle at that psi level. Might be some Chinese wonder pump slugging out 40psi LOL.

slomo

MingoMowing

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recommend buying the fuel pump replacement for your mower rather than using a fuel pump not designed for the mower. The mower fuel pump is powered by the engine air pressure from the crank case so the fuel pressure matches the need for the engine. An electric fuel pump doesn't do that and that is probably why you are having your problem.
oem lobe that operates pump is worn, not an option to use it. have to use electric or replace internals so im going electric, the whole internals thing is gonna cost more $$$ than its worth.