R RevPhil Forum Newbie Jun 24, 2016 #1 I'm replacing a deck Spindle assembly on a 50" LTX deck. The spindle holes are untapped and usually self-tapping bolts are used for mounting. Is there some reason why the holes can not be tapped and normal bolts and lock washers used?
I'm replacing a deck Spindle assembly on a 50" LTX deck. The spindle holes are untapped and usually self-tapping bolts are used for mounting. Is there some reason why the holes can not be tapped and normal bolts and lock washers used?
reynoldston Lawn Pro Jun 24, 2016 #2 Why not you are doing the same thing. I would use some blue Loctite.
ILENGINE Lawn Royalty Jun 24, 2016 #3 I have tapped the holes on more than one spindle over the years when the self tapping screws weren't available.
I have tapped the holes on more than one spindle over the years when the self tapping screws weren't available.
John R Well-Known Member Jun 26, 2016 #4 Tap them and use a grade 8 bolts, never did like them self tapping bolts for spindles.