Cub Cadet Crazy Electrical Issues Problems.

Mower Doctor 78006

Threads
I have a customers cub cadet model 143-684-100 that just won't cooperate. He brought it in for repairs because after he used it a few weeks back, when he went out to start it after 2 hours it cranks but wouldn't start. Ok. He went to load it up, and tried to start it. It starts. I get it, and he tells me it's also has an issue shutting down. You need to wiggle the key up, and down with key off to get the tractor to turn off. I diagnosed it as a bad ignition switch. I ordered a factory switch. I plugged it in wire for wire. No key on, no key in switch in off mode the tractor starts cranking. We looked at the electrical diagram and rewired the switch. Nothing. No crank. No start. The only thing you hear is the fuel solenoid. This tractor has mickey mouse wiring all throughout. We traced back some of the issues. Problem is the engine has to get pulled because it's a shaft drive. Short of replacing every piece of wiring were ready to punt it. Do you guys have any idea's? A new chassis, and engine harness is ideal. There not available.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like some one has been playing funny buggers with the wiring so going wire for wire will just be recreating the bodgy work
The bogy work looks like it was done because of a problem with the safety switches.
Should not have to remove the engine as the wiring runs down the side then under the deck.
Going to be big hours job but the only way is to bypass each switch one at a time till the mower behaves as it should.
I use some small jumpers with various combinations of blade connectors to bypass the switches as some will bneed to be open while others will need to be closed.