Cub Cadet BC210 trimmer will not idle

bigbzc

Forum Newbie
I just bought a Cub Cadet trimmer from Tractor Supply that was returned because the 1st owner said it didnt run. It runs and it is stong, but it will not idle. I adjusted the idle screw all the way down but no change. I am using 50:1 premix fuel. Is there any other adjustment to make it idle or do I need to return it? The only reason I bought it was because I know the brand should be top quality since so many landscapers use Cub CAdet and they marked the price down so I thought I was getting a good deal.
 
Crud on low speed (idle) needle seat? Will the idle needle come out for inspection?

The only adjustment I found is on the top of the carburater which is a screw that pushes on the throttle lever.I have to keep it at at least half throttle to keep it running
 
Take out all of the old fuel and mix a new lot at 40-1 specifications say it should be 40-1 maybe it doesn't like the 50-1 mix, and I know a lot of people use 50-1...but..!

Manual says .Checking the fuel mixture, cleaning the air filter and adjusting the idle speed should solve most engine problems, if not and all of the following are true.
. the engine will not idle
. the engine hesitates or stalls on acceleration
. there is a loss of engine power
Have the carburetor adjusted by an authorized service dealer.
 
There are two adjustment screws on the carb that take a special tool the end looks like a D. You will have to adjust them to get it to run right.

I have two of them. Had to adjust carb on both to get them to run just right.
 
There are two adjustment screws on the carb that take a special tool the end looks like a D. You will have to adjust them to get it to run right.

I have two of them. Had to adjust carb on both to get them to run just right.

Where can I get one of these tools?
 
Where can I get one of these tools?

I ordered mine from Amazon. I have read you can get a piece of small copper tubing and tap it down over them and then take it off and bend a handle on it and it will work as well.

For a home owner these are great trimmers. They have what a 3 year warranty. On the other hand for a commercial guy they have no warranty.
 
Ok so I made a tool out of a tire valvl stem and got the trimmer to run right so that makes me very happy. I would still like to purchase the actual tool though for future adjustments. Does the tool have a specific name? All I have found is a "double D" tool. If anyone knows of a website with it please copy and post me the link. Thanks for all your help guys.
 
Made out of a tyre valve....! Patent it quick....:licking: always nice to have feedback thanks, and well done.:thumbsup:
 
Back
Top