Cub Cadet 3 stage blower

I don't see that it does the job any better than a similarly built 2-stage. It's more of a gimmick to attract potential buyers. If that design is any good, it'll be on those big highway blowers.
 
OK guys, I took the advice most of you gave. I traded up for the 1128 Toro. It should be delivered yet this week.

I never did find out who makes the Cub 420cc engine. My dealer couldn't tell me and when he asked his regional sales guy, he didn't know (or wouldn't say) either. I suspect it's a Chinese built engine... That in itself put me off for the Cub. I also watched several You tube vids comparing the Cub 3 stage to Toro blowers and wasn't real impressed with the Cub.

Anyone on here with a new Toro that has the floating scraper? I hope that isn't a gimmick that comes back to bite me...
 
No secret. Is a Chinese engine. MTD calls them Powermore. Folks around here call them Chinamore. MTD was one of the first to bring snow engines here with Chinese engines. No choice with the old Snowkings gone. I think this year all of the Briggs snow engines are Chinese made as well.
 
Power junk that what i call them ...Got one that just came in all blown up

What are the internal damages? Rod, crank, piston?

I have a Yard Works blower. It does just fine. I like it and it starts real easy. It has the Tecumseh power more engine also.
 
I like my Craftsman 3 stage blowers. The Cub (MTD) from the videos seems more gimmick than performance. Haven't come across any complaints but no one is bragging either. It's just a shame that the "names" like Cub, Troybilt, John Deere (depending on year) and others don't stand for the quality they once represented. Now they all seem to be the same with just minor changes and different labels and poorer quality. IMHO With careful shopping you can get a Craftsman or MTD with similar engine, bucket and options for a few hundred less than a "name" brand but have the same quality.
 

Attachments

  • 111213 536.918900  auger, impeller and drift breaker.jpg
    111213 536.918900 auger, impeller and drift breaker.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 111213 536.918900  from the front.jpg
    111213 536.918900 from the front.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top