Cub Cadet 2166 with 16 hp Kohler engine / FUEL BOWL ACUTATOR

gspald

Threads
  • / Cub Cadet 2166 with 16 hp Kohler engine / FUEL BOWL ACUTATOR

Response to your question:
Ignition Module (coil assembly) 12-584-14 02052 100600-2REV-30261 ASSEMBLED IN MEXICO
Digital Speed Advance Module 12-584-12 RE UC 62657

I have noted lots of surface rust on Ignition Module and Flywheel/Stator assembly. I plan to clean up the rust on these pieces and hope making a clean surface will allow the required amount of current. If this does not solve my no start condition would you tell me what checks I can do with my multimeter to test these two componants Note: I have tested ignition switch by borrowing another one identical to mine. Still no start.

gspald

Threads
Your 2166 Kohler has a SAM module on. It also has a diode in the harness. If you hold your key to start will your engine stay running??
I remember this because I lost 80% of my hearing in my left ear with this #&%! tractor. Not your problem, but it was a starting issue.

Deerlane, You may have diagnosed my problem. I have noticed engine seems to continue running while switch is held in start position. Have been afraid to hold any length of time do to fear of damaging starter. Please give me more info. Sorry about your hearing loss! :confused2:

packardv8

Threads
I had a similar problem with both my 2135 and 2165. Solution was to replace the OEM starter switch with a Cole-Hersee industrial quality switch.

jack vines

gspald

Threads
:thumbsup: Thank you ALL for your help in finding a solution to my mowers sickness. The final repair was a bad electrical connection. Cannot believe two little wires and one bad connection could cause so much grief. :smile:

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
:thumbsup: Thank you ALL for your help in finding a solution to my mowers sickness. The final repair was a bad electrical connection. Cannot believe two little wires and one bad connection could cause so much grief. :smile:

For future reference, to discriminate between a fuel problem or electrical problem try this. Most of these engines have a wire connection beside the engine that connects the magneto wire to all the safety shut down wires and switch kill wire. By disconnecting that wire, if the engine runs normal the problem isn't fuel related. Also if it now runs the problem isn't the mag / coil.

Glad to hear you found your problem.