crank case loose

ed fender

Forum Newbie
Threads
replaced crank case cover and gasket the timing marks were right on adjusted valves but timing is still off some where sv600

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
replaced crank case cover and gasket the timing marks were right on adjusted valves but timing is still off some where sv600
If the camshaft timing mark is aligned correctly, and the flywheel key is not partially or completely sheared, then the timing on engine is spot on.

ed fender

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the camshaft timing mark is aligned correctly, and the flywheel key is not partially or completely sheared, then the timing on engine is spot on.
that's what i thought as well but something somewhere is not being cooperative i thought maybe i was over looking something it is puzzling

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
FW bolt torques to 65 fl lbs for M12 bolt and 49 fl lbs for M10 bolt.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
What's going with it that makes you think it's out of time?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I suspect there is a ACR issue not releasing compression to crank the engine. Have replaced the ACR on the camshaft a couple times, but ends up being a temporary fix. Have also had to replace the cam gear in conjunctio with the ACR but even that can still result in intermittent issues.

VegetiveSteam

Threads
There is an intake timing mark and an exhaust timing mark on each cam gear. Could you have possibly lined up the marks on the wrong sides?