Craftsman YT 4000 46 inch mower deck

heatfactor813

Forum Newbie
Hey guys,
I'm getting a lot of vibration from my mower deck, and at the same time the Left side blade continues to spin after I turn the mower off. I'm pretty sure something is bent, and I of course need to figure it out. I was wondering if anyone else out there has a yt 4000 46 inch deck as well, and post some pictures of the deck itself so I can figure it.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you,
Justin
 
Hey guys, I'm getting a lot of vibration from my mower deck, and at the same time the Left side blade continues to spin after I turn the mower off. I'm pretty sure something is bent, and I of course need to figure it out. I was wondering if anyone else out there has a yt 4000 46 inch deck as well, and post some pictures of the deck itself so I can figure it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Justin

I am going to say the blade is loose or the pulley is.

The only way only the left blade will keep turning and the right one stops. Is loose pulley or blade.

When you cut grass does the left blade slow down.
 
So, if it's not one thing it's another. I replaced the left side belt pulley and spindle assembly. Thought every thing was great, and... It's not. Still a lot of vibration, the left assembly and pulley gets hot and seems to not be as free as the right. I'm a tad irritated. I'm going to grease the hell out of it, try a new belt, and maybe light the thing on fire and see if that cures the issue.
Any ideas this time around?
 
So, if it's not one thing it's another. I replaced the left side belt pulley and spindle assembly. Thought every thing was great, and... It's not. Still a lot of vibration, the left assembly and pulley gets hot and seems to not be as free as the right. I'm a tad irritated. I'm going to grease the hell out of it, try a new belt, and maybe light the thing on fire and see if that cures the issue. Any ideas this time around?

When you grease a spindle do not use general purpose grease. Need to use high temp bearing grease. Like you would use on a cars front bearings.

How does the belt look? Any chunks in it ?

If you light it on fire please post a video.
 
Cars, the belt is brand new. Nothing to report there. I did change blades from the hi lift to the mulching. I'm going to change back to see if that helps as well. I appreciate the tip on the grease
 
Back
Top