Craftsman won't die!!!!!!

goosemasterkl

Threads
I have a Craftsman with a CV15S engine and I pulled it in the garage and raised it up and sharpened the blades. When I let it down it would not run; it would turn over but it wasn't getting any fire to the spark plug. When I took the kill wire loose from the coil to test the coil THEN the engine would crank and run. The mower wouldn't turn off with the key; I had to hook the kill wire back up to kill it. I'm looking for any solutions because I'm stumped!!!!!!!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your test confirms that you either have a faulty safety switch or the kill wire is grounded some place. the problem is on the tractor side of the wiring harness.

goosemasterkl

Threads
ILENGINE; As far as I know there is no safety switches hooked up anywhere. With the mower deck down and the blades engaged I can stand beside it and crank the engine. It's been that way ever since I have owned it. So what is your thinking to the solution for my problem now? Thanks for your response earlier and hope to hear from you on this again or anyone else for an answer to my problem.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If all the safety switches are disconnected and you don't have fire with the wire connected to the ignition module, then the kill wire is grounded some place between the module and the key switch.