Craftsman won't cut off

Ean

Threads
I checked the kill wire all the way to the switch and didn't see anything wrong with it

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
The key swich is new

Sounds like you need to start telling us what you have=model numbers.... Tell us the switch's part numbers........ Tell us how it was running before you had trouble....

Tell us what you have tried........ Is this even the right switch? How do you know? ETC....

jhngardner367

Threads
There are a couple of different type s of switches,and they look alike,but aren't.
One type(yours) should kill the engine by grounding the coil from terminal (M) .
The other,even though it looks the same,and has the same number of terminals,is for a battery/coil ignition,and if used in place of the other,it will cause this.

Ean

Threads
I'm telling the truth the key switch is new I replaced it a few weeks ago because off this problem Which model numbers do you need all I know right now is it is a craftsman LT 1000 42 inch cut with a 17.5 hp brigs and Stratton intek platinum with over head valves I will get the model numbers after school tomorrow :thumbsup:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check for continuity between (M) and (G) on key switch when key switch is off, if its bad replace it.

Ean

Threads
I tried to read the model numbers off the seat but this is from the engine cover model 311707 type 0132-E3 code 000508ZE could you post a wiring diagram

tybilly

Threads
what about a bad solenoid? hes checked everything else,could be the plunger not opening the circuit properly,just my two cents.

jhngardner367

Threads
The reason it just sputters,and won't shut off,if I'm correct,is that the key switch isn't grounded,properly.
Try this test:
Take a piece of wire,about 2ft long,and strip both ends about 1 inch.
Start the tractor,and when you shut off the key,touch one end of the wire to the switch body,and the other end to the engine mount bolt.
If it kills the engine,then the switch needs a better ground.

Ean

Threads
The reason it just sputters,and won't shut off,if I'm correct,is that the key switch isn't grounded,properly.
Try this test:
Take a piece of wire,about 2ft long,and strip both ends about 1 inch.
Start the tractor,and when you shut off the key,touch one end of the wire to the switch body,and the other end to the engine mount bolt.
If it kills the engine,then the switch needs a better ground.

I tried that today it didn't work