Craftsman w/Briggs and Stratton

Dray23

Forum Newbie
Hellow, new guy here. I have a 2010 Craftsman with a 7hp Briggs and Stratton engine model #128702-1270-B1. It set with gas in it for 2 years while my neighbor had back surgery. I cleaned the carb, drained, cleaned and dried out the gas tank. Put fresh gas in w/sea foam and gave it a shot of starting fluid. It started on the second pull and ran good. I let it run for 10 min, stopped it, and it will not start w/o giving it a shot of starting fluud. After I do that it will run all day until I kill, but it will not start on its own.
I pulled the carb off and cleaned it again. ...same thing.

PLEASE HELP.
 
The carb needs a good clean or the choke isn't working.

Thanks for the response. This is an auto choke carb. Also can you define good cleaning? I've taken the bowl off, ran a small wire in all the jets, shot carb cleaner in then and used caned air to blow them out. Did this twice. Did I miss a step?
 
You say in your post that "and it will not start w/o giving it a shot of starting fluid. " so unless its has a bad seal between carb and engine its has to be a problem with carburetion, if you feel that its not, or that you have cleaned the carb to your satisfaction then wait and see what others here will have to say.
 
Back
Top