Craftsman trimmer fuel line diagram

shimkc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a craftsman weed trimmer (model 316.796140). The 2 fuel line broke and the filter came off in the fuel tank. Without paying attention, I removed the broken lines from the carburetor and the fuel tank. Now, I am trying to understand which port from the carburetor is connected to the filter and which is for pressurizing the fuel tank. I have a picture of the carburetor and I think port A is connected to the filter, port B is for pressurizing the tank. Can someone help verify? Thank you in advance.
craftsman.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
A s the inlet & B is the return line
If you hold your finger over the pipes and press the purge button you should feel A sucking & B blowing

shimkc

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the response. So the fuel filter in the fuel tank should be connected to port B, am I correct?

dougand3

Threads
No, fuel line with filter (pickup) is port A. Do as Bert says - push the purge bulb and feel air - A will suck in, B will blow out. Although, that purge bulb looks rough - it may crack if it hasn't already. Will need a new one. And when the fuel lines disintegrate...the diaphragms in the carb do too. And tiny carb passages get clogged up. If it doesn't run, then carb rebuild or new carb may be needed.

dougand3

Threads
If necessary, a new AM carb is real cheap. A RB kit and purge bulb would cost more. Search Carburetor 753-05251.