Craftsman t240 mower

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
just by searching the T240 it uses a 15/16 Nut

post the model number from under the seat that is on the sticker, so i can confirm.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Curious, I've seen this same style posting people asking for bolt sizes. Aren't most socket sets sold with more than one socket? Do people really only have say one 1/2" socket in their garage?

If you have one socket or wrench in your garage, might need to take the mower to a repair shop.

slomo

tylertown

Threads
Curious, I've seen this same style posting people asking for bolt sizes. Aren't most socket sets sold with more than one socket? Do people really only have say one 1/2" socket in their garage?

If you have one socket or wrench in your garage, might need to take the mower to a repair shop.

slomo
Not a helpful reply for an 81 year old semi invalid trying to work on his lawnmower to save money but maybe it satisfied your need to be sarcastic to someone.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
An 81 year old semi invalid shouldn't be working on dangerous items like mowers, guns, bomb disposals, crossing the street and fighting with a woman.

slomo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Actually the nuts are 5/8-18 Flange type. As for wrench / socket size they are SAE 15/16" or if you only have metrics then a 24MM works. And as I typed I see someone already beat me to the 6 point version recommendation.

As the socket set comment by Slomo not set contains every socket below 1" but the 15/16 is a common size. Also not all us at one time didn't have all the sockets either. Even the set of deep well sockets skip the 15mm for some reason but included the 16mm which is the SAE 5/8. Just had to pull that out for a ZTR today. Glad I brought it last year when I notice it missing from the set.

And Slomo look some 81 yr olds are more able than some 40 yr olds both mentally and phyiscal. Heck my machinist is 73 and still going strong; although, he has decide to go into semi retirement by working only three days a week on projects for SpaceX.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Thanks for posting the ID and TPI. I was oblivious to the fact he may have needed that If he wanted to use a cheaper hardware store nut.?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
About the only local hardware store that would have these is Fastenal and they are top luck versions. Plain non flanged versions will not work. Now McMaster does have these in Grade 8 under PN
91627A112 Packs of 5 for $12.07. This is heck a lot better than the $4.15 my distributor wants for the MTD 712-0417A nuts.

or you could get the Oregon 04-015 nut that lists $1.57 ea.

Last edited: